Welcome to Episode 21 of Run This World with Tal Thompson. In 2015, Tal was the runner-up for America’s Top Teacher Award. After a stint on the Kelly & Michael Show, he became an overnight sensation; a highly sought after speaker, leader, motivator. Tal and I were both speakers at the June 2016 Evoso Live event in Boulder, Colorado. His speech was so captivating that I knew I had to interview him. If you have any interest in education, or better yet, interest in making sure that today’s kids are given the best tools they can get for success, you’ll love this episode.
Watch his speech now too!
Here’s what we cover:
- Why were you nominated for best teacher in America?
- What the word confidence means to Tal
- How school is different today than in the 70s and 80s (when we were kids)
- The importance of a mind-body connection for best learning
- Why embracing failure is the key to becoming successful
- Tal’s 3 keys to success
- The value of choosing a job based on more than financial factors
- Tal’s nugget: “Be reflective.”
Tal is such a great guy; definitely makes you wish he could be your teacher or your kids’ teacher. If you want to connect with Tal, reach out to him via his website. He is truly making change in this world.
For more Tal fun, watch his 2015 Top Teacher video.
I hope you enjoyed the show today. If you did, please share it with a friend, comment here, and follow me on FB and IG. I want to hear your thoughts and feedback and any suggestions you have for future guests.
All right folks– you know what time it is. It’s time to go out and Run This World! Have a great workout and I’ll see you next week!
Tags: adhd, exercise, tal thompson, teaching