I met Jen Hanzlick in January 2016 at a kickoff dinner for an intensive six month Speaker MBA class that we were embarking on. Our goal was to uncover clarity behind the messages we felt inclined to share with the world.
The first word that came to mind when I met her was genuine. Add non-judgmental, humble, and full to the brim with vision for a better world. Her business, Clutter Trucker, a hoarding removal & clean-up service, helps people when they are at the lowest points in their lives.
Some people are meant to do the toughest work in this world. Jen is one of them.
In today’s interview we cover the following:
- Our upcoming big-time talk at eTown on June 9th
- The power of community in raising kids, especially when you’re 19 and you just had unplanned twins
- How exercise helps you “get out of your head” even when things seem insurmountably impossible
- The ins & outs of hoarding: How hoarding is a mental illness that affects 2-5% of the population
- How to gracefully help people through the lowest points of their lives
Jen’s word is Compassion. After listening to this episode, you’ll have a whole new perspective on how you view the people around you, and how the small acts of kindness you have the power to distribute can change a person’s day, and sometimes an entire life.
If you are in the Boulder area, and free on Thursday, June 9, grab a ticket to the new Evoso Live event at eTown, both Jen and I will be speakers – with a mission to get some strong truths out into the world.
If you want to contact Jen, you can reach her at jenhanzlick.com or on Facebook. If you are worried about someone you know or if you want to get Jen out to speak at your next event, she’s here for you.
Please share this episode with friends, and write a review on iTunes. Thanks for listening – now get out there and Run This World in bigger and better ways than you did before!Tags: cluttertrucker, compassion, hoarding, hoarding disorder, jennifer hanzlick, mental illness
Categorised in: Run This World Podcast